Recap of the 2017 vacation classes
Girls Education Initiative of Ghana Programs
- GEIG basics/ fundamentals- orientation/vacation classes
- GEIG Saturdays/Off Campus/Off School -School year sessions
- GEIG High School- Secondary school activities
– Ladies Achievers Clubs
- Project Impact- Tertiary/ Post Secondary programs and activities
- Individual mentorship
- Women who Inspire Us speaker and workshop series
- Ladies Achievers school clubs (SHS students groomed to initiate GEIG chapters in their schools)
- Community Service/Volunteerism in home and school communities in JHS
- ♣ Internship/Professional Development in 3 year JHS- SHS August sessions
Junior Internship Program
Internships and professional exposure is important to comprehensive education. Experience outside the classroom will expose students to critical elements of careers and professionalism, and develop sustainable life skills. Students must earn consideration for the Junior Internship Program following the criteria outlined below. Students are eligible for the Junior Internship Program following the JH2 academic year. GEIG will help facilitate small stipends on behalf of the students who are placed in professional settings. The monies earned from students’ junior internship experience will be used to subsidize students’ education i.e. textbooks, notebooks, uniforms, and other academic needs in the following academic year. GEIG will advise and assist students in opening bank accounts to save these monies for future use.
- Academic performance- students must maintain at least a 3.0 GPA to be considered.
- Attendance- students must have a solid attendance record where they aren’t absent for no more than 5 days in a term without valid excuse(s).
- Indicate leadership ability- this will be decided upon a teacher’s recommendation of student’s leadership and potential.
A typical Internship will Include
- Hourly salary of minimum wage or higher (as designated and agreed upon by the placement organization and GEIG)
- 6-8 week commitment over the summer months
- 35-40 hour work week
- A designated supervisor
- Job duties and responsibilities appropriate to the company
- Exposure to a professional setting
The 2016 vacation classes
GEIG’s partnerships and activities in the community. GEIG Students are expected/ required to serve as mentors to younger beneficiaries following their tenure as beneficiaries to encourage the growth and expansion of the #GEIGfamily in Ghana.